Seven Ways to Attract More Money - Dr Joe Vitale
Want to attract more money?
Wondering why you haven't attracted it when you've done everything
you thought you needed to do?
What really works when it comes to attracting more money, anyway?
I've been studying the Law of Attraction for more than three decades. I've
written several books about it, including The Attractor Factor and The Key.
That's why I ended up in the movie The Secret, and then on Larry King and
Donny Deutsch's televison shows, among others.
I know how the Law of Attraction works, and I know why so many people don't clearly understand it.
When it comes to the Law of Attraction, most people want to learn how to
use it to attract more money first. After that, they'll wonder how to attract
romance, cars, homes, happiness, and everything else.
But money is the starting place for most people.
So, how do you attract more money?
When it comes to attracting anything -- and money in particular -- there are seven ways to do it right. Here they are:
1. Give Money Away It sounds counter-intuitive but the more you give, the more you will receive (unless you block the receiving, which ties into the next step). Give openly and freely to wherever you received spiritual nourishment.
Give on a regular basis, too. The rule of thumb is to give 10% of whatever you receive, but it's also smart to give more when you feel inspired to do so.
Remember, give to the person, place, or group that has kept your spirit alive.
Just ask "Where was I most inspired this past week?" and give to that source.
And ask the question daily or weekly as the source will often change. Here's an inside tip: When most people give money, they do it with a tight fist. They don't
give much. Why not? Because they're afraid. They're holding on. Well, the
energy of fear will attract more things to fear. Instead, give money with an
open heart and an expectation of return. Give in love.
2. Get Clear Most people push money away with their hidden limiting beliefs, such as "money is bad" or "rich people are evil." Those are beliefs, not facts. Get clear of them and money will come to you (as long as you also do the next step).
Getting clear is truly "The Missing Secret" to making the Law of Attraction work for you all the time. After all, it isn't your conscious intentions that are being
manifested in your life, it is your un-conscious counter-intentions.
For example, when you set a goal on New Year's day to stop smoking or
date more, what happened the next week? You gave up your conscious goal
for your un-conscious belief that you couldn't do it. You weren't in alignment
with your intention. You werent' "clear." Most likely in your unconscious mind
you have limiting beliefs about money, such as - a.. "Money is evil."
3. b.. "Money will attract problems."
4. c.. "Money will make me a selfish person."
5. d.. "Wanting money is greedy."
6. e.. "Rich people are snobs."
7. If you have one or more of those limiting beliefs within you, do you really
think you'll attract any money? In truth, you'll attract NOT having money.
Why? Because your unconscious counter-intention ("Money is bad") will veto your conscious intention ("I now attract more money into my life"). Is it any
wonder some people say the movie The Secret or the Law of Attraction doesn't work? Obviously, once you clear those hidden blocks/beliefs to your success,
your success has nothing in the way of happening. The roadblocks are gone.
I talk about ways to get clear in my new audioprogram, "The Missing Secret." One thing you can do right now is to simply question your beliefs. Become a belief detective and look for those limiting beliefs about money. When you release your inner blocks, you will attract more money.
8. Take Action Too many people sit and wait for money to materialize in front of them. I believe in magic and miracles, but I also believe that your role in the process of attracting money is to actually do something to bring it your way.
Act on your ideas. Now. "Money likes speed" is my favorite mantra. If you don't act now, you'll see your idea manifested in a store some day and somebody else will be attracting money from it. What can you do right now, today, to move toward creating something that will attract more money? Whatever it is, do it. When you doubt and second-guess yourself instead of taking action, you are demonstrating that you aren't yet clear (see second tip above) about money and your right to attract it. Act now and get rich.
9. Support a Cause Most people push money away because they don't feel
they deserve it. One way around this (while you still work on getting clear inside yourself) is to want money for a larger purpose. I created Operation YES to end homelessness. Raising hundreds of thousands of dollars (or more) for that cause
will remove any remaining prosperity limitations within me.
While I won't receive a dime from Operation YES, my working on its behalf will attract money to me in other ways, such as the contacts and goodwill I'll create.
In short, want money for a larger reason than your own ego. This is a beautiful way to attract more money without wanting it only for yourself. Realize that when you are wealthy, you are better able to help family, friends, your community, and even the world. A good reason to attract more money is for all the good it can do for others, not just you. Ask yourself what cause would you support (or even create) once you attracted more money?
10. Get Support One of the wisest things you can do to achieve any goal is create or join a master mind group devoted to it. I co-authored Meet and Grow
Rich with Bill Hibbler for this reason: to teach you how to create a support group.
The idea is to be around people who can keep your energy and inspiration high.
While you can make progress alone, it's so much easier when you have support.
This support can also come in the way of audiotapes, books, and other learning tools. I've been buying audios from Nightingale-Conant for more than thirty years for just that reason: it helps me stay focused on constantly growing and improving.
Even when I was struggling, I went to the library and borrowed books and tapes to keep me informed and inspired. Today I can afford to buy my own materials, but
it's only because I invested in my education every step along the way. I created "The Missing Secret" audio set to help people understand the practical use of the Law of Attraction. Again, all of this is support in helping you attract more money.
11. Be Grateful This is huge. Be thankful for the money you have - which is probably considered true wealth by people starving in third world countries - and you'll begin to attract more money. Gratitude sends off a signal of appreciation, which brings to you more to be thankful for. Begin with whatever is in this moment that you can be sincerely grateful for.
After I was homeless and while I was still experiencing poverty, I began this exercise by holding a pencil and being grateful for it. Once I truly experienced gratitude, it shifted my energy vibe so I could then experience more to be grateful for. Today I have much to be thankful for - from houses to cars to collectible guitars -- but it all began with a pencil. Look around and ask yourself what you are grateful for right now. Then get into that feeling.
12. Do what you Love There's no sense in working at something you hate. If you are currently at a job you don't like, find a way to enjoy it for the time you are there while working towards doing your passion. Following your passion is the greatest secret of all when it comes to attracting wealth. Everyone from Donny Deutsch to Donald Trump to Bill Gates to little ole me agree that passion (combined with the other steps above) is your ticket to financial freedom.
Even when I worked for oil companies back in Houston and didn't like my work, I found ways to do what I loved. I wrote my first book on my lunch hours. I spoke on weekends and sold my book in the back of the room.
Over time, doing what I love became my life. And today it's my moment by
moment wonder. Ask yourself what you would do even if you were never paid.
That's a clue to what you should be doing and of course finding a way to be
paid for it. You can attract more money from love. Finally, expect success.
The mindset of expectation - expecting that you are now attracting money and playfully looking around, asking "I wonder how big money will come to me today?" - will keep your brain turned on to seek and find opportunities.
You of course then have to take fearless action when you see them.
Go for it!
Dr. Joe Vitale
Links and Tools!