Thursday, September 11

A Course in Miracles, Lesson 255


A Course in Miracles, Lesson 255
Marianne Williamson
LISTEN IN 
While it seems that we are constantly at the effect of worldly dramas, in fact we can choose to live in peace. This lesson teaches us that a peaceful life is a choice we make, regardless of what goes on around us.

This day I choose to spend in perfect peace.

It does not seem to me that I can choose to have but peace today. And yet, my God assures me that His Son is like Himself. Let me this day have faith in Him Who says I am God's Son. And let the peace I choose be mine today bear witness to the truth of what He says. God's Son can have no cares, and must remain forever in the peace of Heaven. In His Name, I give today to finding what my Father wills for me, accepting it as mine, and giving it to all my Father's Sons, along with me.

And so, my Father, would I pass this day with You. Your Son has not forgotten You. The peace You gave him still is in his mind, and it is there I choose to spend today.

Quote of the Day
"We might not know how or where our talents would best be put to use, but the Holy Spirit does. A Course in Miracles teaches us to 'avoid self-initiated plans, and to instead surrender our plans to God.'"

—Excerpted from A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of A Course in Miracles 

The opinions expressed by the hosts, guests and callers to Oprah & Friends are strictly their own.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]