Tuesday, October 7

A Course in Miracles, Lesson 281

A Course in Miracles, Lesson 281
Marianne Williamson Listen In
When you realize that thought is the level of cause, you begin to think differently. Not worrying or fretting or overanalyzing a matter, but thinking the thoughts of God. What would God think about a situation or circumstance? You may not know, but as you study and reflect, you begin to think with God. By thinking with God, your thoughts are no longer hurtful to you or others. Your thoughts become an expression of the love of God.

I can be hurt by nothing but my thoughts.

Father, Your Son is perfect. When I think that I am hurt in any way, it is because I have forgotten who I am, and that I am as You created me. Your Thoughts can only bring me happiness. If ever I am sad or hurt or ill, I have forgotten what You think, and put my little meaningless ideas in place of where Your Thoughts belong, and where they are. I can be hurt by nothing but my thoughts. The Thoughts I think with You can only bless. The Thoughts I think with You alone are true.

I will not hurt myself today. For I am far beyond all pain. My Father placed me safe in Heaven, watching over me. And I would not attack the Son He loves, for what He loves is also mine to love.

Quote of the Day
"There's no more potent way to thank God for your gifts, or to increase them, than by sharing them. You will be given as much power in the world as you are willing to use on His behalf."

— Excerpted from A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of A Course in Miracles