Friday, October 17

A Course in Miracles, Lesson 291

While we often think that we can only be at peace if certain circumstances change, with this exercise we claim peace as a constant. Finding peace within ourselves, situations around us automatically become more peaceful.



This is a day of stillness and of peace.



Christ's vision looks through me today. His sight shows me all things forgiven and at peace, and offers this same vision to the world. And I accept this vision in its name, both for myself and for the world as well. What loveliness we look upon today! What holiness we see surrounding us! And it is given us to recognize it is a holiness in which we share; it is the Holiness of God Himself.



This day my mind is quiet, to receive the Thoughts You offer me. And I accept what comes from You, instead of from myself. I do not know the way to You. But You are wholly certain. Father, guide Your Son along the quiet path that leads to You. Let my forgiveness be complete, and let the memory of You return to me.



Quote of the Day

"We're afraid to leave things in God's hands because we don't know what He'll do with them. We're afraid He'll lose our file. If we're going to set any goal, let us set the goal of being healed of the belief that God is fear instead of love."



— Excerpted from A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of A Course in Miracles