Sunday, October 19

A Course in Miracles, Lesson 293 w/ my reflections.

It takes mental effort to deny the darkness and emotional effort to embrace the light. With this lesson, we do both.

All fear is past and only love is here.

All fear is past, because its source is gone, and all its thoughts gone with it. Love remains the only present state, whose Source is here forever and forever. Can the world seem bright and clear and safe and welcoming, with all my past mistakes oppressing it, and showing me distorted forms of fear? Yet in the present love is obvious, and its effects apparent. All the world shines in reflection of its holy light, and I perceive a world forgiven at last.

Father, let not Your holy world escape my sight today. Nor let my ears be deaf to all the hymns of gratitude the world is singing underneath the sounds of fear. There is a real world which the present holds safe from all past mistakes. And I would see only this world before my eyes today.

Quote of the Day

"We do not always know at the time why the Holy Spirit directs us as He does. The miracle worker's function is merely to follow instructions in a desire to serve God. Our compensation, materially and emotionally, will arrive in God's own time and way."

— Excerpted from A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of A Course in Miracles
 
My Reflections:  The world can be a scary place. It may seem like we have to do this or that just to continue living in our own homes. Parents telling us this or that while we can tell they are not even really happy. Who did they listen to one has to ask themselves and if I listen to them will it be an old voice in their head I am really listening to.  To me it would make sense to get on the path of the "being" that set this whole thing in motion because if hhe smart enough to make a living cell we call earth, how come he cant tell me the best way to go about living my own life.