Saturday, October 11

A Course in Miracles, Lesson 285

By accepting our holiness, we remember who we really are. As our thoughts then reflect that remembrance, they are returned to us in peace and joy. With this exercise, we remind ourselves to stay in conscious contact with the holiness within.

My holiness shines bright and clear today.

Today I wake with joy, expecting but the happy things of God to come to me. I ask but them to come, and realize my invitation will be answered by the thoughts to which it has been sent by me. And I will ask for only joyous things the instant I accept my holiness. For what would be the use of pain to me, what purpose would my suffering fulfill, and how would grief and loss avail me if insanity departs from me today, and I accept my holiness instead?

Father, my holiness is Yours. Let me rejoice in it, and through forgiveness be restored to sanity. Your Son is still as You created him. My holiness is part of me, and also part of You. And what can alter Holiness Itself?

Quote of the Day
"Ultimately, it is not our credentials but our commitment to a higher purpose that creates our effectiveness in the world."

— Excerpted from A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of A Course in Miracles