Tuesday, October 14

A Course in Miracles, Lesson 288

All of us have things in our past that we are ashamed of, and our greatest hope is that others will see past those mistakes to the person who we are now. With this lesson, we instruct ourselves to give that same mercy to others that we might receive it for ourselves.



Let me forget my brother's past today.



This is the thought that leads the way to You, and brings me to my goal. I cannot come to You without my brother. And to know my Source, I first must recognize what You created one with me. My brother's is the hand that leads me on the way to You. His sins are in the past along with mine, and I am saved because the past is gone. Let me not cherish it within my heart, or I will lose the way to walk to You. My brother is my savior. Let me not attack the savior You have given me. But let me honor him who bears Your Name, and so remember that It is my own.



Forgive me, then, today. And you will know you have forgiven me if you behold your brother in the light of holiness. He cannot be less holy than can I, and you can not be holier than he.



Quote of the Day

"The miracle worker's goal in every circumstance is peace of mind."



— Excerpted from A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of A Course in Miracles